The National Tribal Gaming Commissions & Regulators® (NTGCR) will be awarding two (2) $2,500 Scholarships to graduating high school seniors, undergraduates, and graduate students pursuing a degree in higher education at an accredited college or university as a full-time student.
In honorof the late Jess Green, a Chickasaw Attorney who helpedpave the way for Indiangaming in Oklahoma and who foughtfor Native Americanrights/tribal sovereignty; the NTGCR is awarding one (1) scholarship in the amountof $2,500 for studentscurrently enrolled in law school,pursuing a Juris Doctorate.
· Must be an enrolled member of a United States federally-recognized American Indian tribe, Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian group;
· Must be enrolled at an accredited college or university within the United States.
· Must not have received the NTGCR or Jess Green Scholarships in the previous semester.
Students will be evaluated on academic achievement, as shown by their grade point average and curriculum rigor. Students are also evaluated on their exhibition of leadership in school, civic and extra-curricular activities; honors and awards received; character, as evidenced by community involvement and volunteer work; personal essay; letters of recommendation; and professional development.
In order to be considered for a scholarship award, the applicant must have and/or submit:
· A minimum cumulative grade point averageof 2.5 on a 4.0 scale at the time of application;
· Proof of enrollment at an UnitedStates accredited collegeor university as full-time student (e.g., class schedule);
· Official High School and/or College Transcript;
· Photograph, small color (e.g., passport photo);
· Copy of Tribal Membership Card or CDIB;
· Copy of ACT, SAT, or GRE score or other academic entrance test score;
· Three (3) letters of recommendation from professional or educational sources.
A complete application, along with the corresponding required documents as indicated in the application packet, must be postmarked by or received via email on or before June 30th of each year for consideration for the fall semester and postmarked by or received via email on or before December 15th for the spring semester. Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline date will not be accepted.
If sending by email, please combine and send one pdf document with application and all attachments together. We understand that official transcripts may come directly from the institution.
If sending by mail, please include all documents in one envelope if at all possible.
Scholarships can affect your financial aid eligibility! It is your responsibility to inform your Financial Aid Office if awarded this scholarship.
Send complete application to:
National Indian Gaming Commissions & Regulators
Attn: Scholarship Committee – Dawn Reiter
P.O. Box 454
Oneida, WI 54155